Panasonic has announced three new additions to its Lumix line that will fit in with just about every point-and-shoot customer’s desired specifications and needs.
If you’re feeling a bit of deja vu, it’s because Panasonic did a similar announcement last July of three new Lumix models. Â We’re not really sure why it always seems to come in threes, but that does seem to be the modus operandi for the company.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ8
- 14.5-megapixel CCD and shoots with up to 12.1-megapixel resolution
- 12x optical zoom
- 25mm ultra-wide-angle lens, with a range from 25mm to 300mm
- Three aspect ratios – 4:3, 3:2 or 16:9
- Panasonicâ€™s iA (Intelligent Auto) mode â€“ featuring Face Recognition. AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector and Intelligent Exposure
- POWER O.I.S (Optical Image Stabilizer) which features a double the suppression power compared to the conventional image stabilization system, MEGA O.I.S.
- HD movie (1280 x 720) Recording in Motion JPEG at 30 fps
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZX3
- 14.1-megapixel high resolution CCD
- 8x optical zoom (equivalent to 25-200mm on a 35mm camera)
- Intelligent Resolution technology, 3 areas â€“outlines, detailed texture areas and soft gradation areas are automatically detected
- Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.)
- Intelligent Resolution makes it possible to produce 1920×1080 still images from 1280×720 HD movies even recorded in AVCHD Lite
- Intelligent Scene Selector automatically switches between Normal, Portrait, Macro, Scenery, and Low Light modes according to the situation to optimize visual quality
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT2
- 28mm wide-angle LEICA DC VARIO ELMAR lens that extends to a 4.6x optical zoom
- Waterproof to 33 feet
- Shockproof to 10 feet
- Freezeproof to 14Â° F (-10Â° C)
- HD video in Motion JPEG and AVCHD Lite
- Sonic Speed AF (Auto Focus)
No prices were listed for any of the three models, and model numbers may change for release in the United States.