The Fujifilm Finepix F50fd is a point-and-shoot digital camera designed for digital photographers looking for a top-of-the-line compact digital camera.
Priced at US$299 the FinePix F50fd is a super-compact digital camera that takes beautiful shots with the most advanced features and technology available giving users no option to miss great shots.
According to Fujifilm, the Finepix F50fd is the pinnacle of technology in a compact camera.
Key features include:
- 12.0 Megapixels, 1/ 1.6-inch Super CCD HR
- Macro allows photography from 7cm to 80cm
- 3x optical zoom
- Focal length 8mm-24mm (35mm equivalent 105mm)
- 100 to 6400 ISO (sensitivity)
- 2.7-inch LCD screen (230,000 pixels)
- Takes xD picture card, SD memory card, SDHC memory card
- 230 shots (per battery charge)
- compact all metal body
- 155 grams
- Dimensions of 92.5 mm x 59.2 mm x 22.9 mm (W x H x D)92.5(W)x59.2(H)x22.9(D) mm
- Upgrade face detection technology with automatic red eye removal, Dual image stabilization for blur free pictures and fast, easy wireless transfer through IR
What the manufacturer says:
Fujifilm’s proprietary Super CCD technology delivers a stunning 12 megapixel resolution, enabling you to crop or enlarge part of your picture without loss of quality.
What punters are saying:
"The Fujifilm Finepix F50fd is a frustrating beast. On one hand it offers a number of significant improvements when compared with the older F31fd, but on the other it takes a serious backwards step in terms of image quality, which is ultimately what every camera should primarily be judged by."-Mark Goldstein
"It is however a solid performer with effective indoor flash facilities, reasonable manual control and represents good value considering its high 12 Megapixel resolution. As such we can recommend it, but it’s not the F30 / F31fd successor we were hoping for."-Gordon Laing
"Though it looks dull next to some of the flashier models we tested, this compact camera has all the latest features and takes great shots."-Allan Stafford
Though not as good as its predecessor the Finepix F31d, Fujifilm Finepix f50fd still merits some good remark on its own. The IR image transfer may not as good as today’s Wi-Fi image transfer facility, still the camera is worth everyone’s look especially those who gave their camera loyalty to Fujifilm.